Are you a community group, not-for-profit, local business or sporting club that has a great idea for our community? It's time for you to apply for a grant!
Our grants program provides grants and in-kind support to community organisations, groups, individuals and local businesses who make a positive impact on our city.
There are all types and sizes of grants to fit all sorts of projects.
Applications for round one 2019/20 biannual and social support grants are now open.
Visit our website now to apply.
Social support grants
These grants are for small social support groups run by volunteers with limited fundraising means, where residents meet regularly to share information and each other’s company.
Applicants are eligible to receive one social support grant, up to the value of $1,500, per 12 month period.
Round 1 2019/20 will close on Monday, 26 August at 5pm.
The next round of our biannual grants program closes on Monday, 26 August and is open to any ideas that will make a positive impact on our city.
This includes projects that increase community participation, access to information and services, and strengthen wellbeing and economic growth across the city.
Here are some of the ideas that recently received grants:
- The Moonee Valley branch of Neighbourhood Watch for a program on connecting with the community.
- Airport West Football Club's initiative to promote reconciliation.
- U3A Moonee Valley for woodwork projects to support local groups.
- Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung Cultural Heritage Aboriginal Corporation for translating and producing a collection of children's nursery rhymes into Woi wurrung to be used in early years centres
We've updated our guidelines
There are some major changes so be sure to check them out.
Some of the key changes we've made are:
- updated capital works criteria
- new in-kind funding opportunities
- new Partnership Grants stream.